Thursday, October 2, 2008

An opportunity with the bailout

Something wonderful just occurred to me about this so-called bailout. From what I can tell, if this bill passes, our government will be using "taxpayers'" money, i.e., our money, to buy all of these foreclosed properties to prevent the lenders from losing money on these deals. Well, if they are using my money to buy real estate, then I should have an ownership interest in at least some of these houses. Surely, these bad assets would include at least a few time-share condos or luxurious beach-front homes in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and if I am writing the check for one of those abodes, then I should be entitled to inhabit there as well. So, I am going to head down there as soon as I can for an all-expenses-paid, oceanfront vacation. I will make myself right at home, and if anyone has a problem with that--well, you know, possession is 9/10ths of the law!

I knew there was a silver lining in this somewhere...

2 comments:

Scott From South Cackalacky said...

Cheryl, I am going to send you some duct tape to keep your brains from falling out of you head. Not only is your point humorous, but way too logical for government to handle. I say, why not cut out the midle man and cut taxes by the $3100 every tax payer would have gotten if the $700B were doled out. Again, it called for duct tape. Great post

Cheryl McMillan Overturf said...

Thanks for your input!